Hello! Welcome to our Create with Connie and Mary Saturday blog hop!
Our theme this week features a Watercolored Background.
Watercoloring is a challenge for me, so this is good.
I used Brusho to create the two backgrounds. I used the same technique to create two very different looks.
- top, more solid colored piece –
- clear Block E
- spritz gernerously with water
- sprinkle Brusho Crystals on top, let spread & dissolve a bit
- place Watercolor paper on top and smear around
- lift, look, repeat if needed
- let dry
- back piece, spotted –
- spritz once or twice lightly
- sprinkle Brusho Crystals on top
- place Watercolor paper on top and pat
- lift, look, repeat if necessary
- let dry
- use dried pieces on card
Tip : to get a nice, clear, dark stamped image, use the Stamparatus for stamping. It can be reinked repeatedly until the image looks nice and dark.
I’m sure Debbie Henderson, and Mary Brown will have some great watercolor background samples for us!
- Stamp Set – Birthday Cheer
- Framelite – Detailed Birthday Edgelits
- Bundles – Birthday Cheer
- Card Stock – Whisper White, Watercolor Paper, Pacific Point
- Ink – Black Memento
- Other – Brusho Color Crystals, clear Block E, Stamparatus