One of yesterdays posts, I showed this little cutie –
I like to create my own patterns because of the challenge. I love that challenge of figuring something out! I bought the candy and designed the holder around it!
Today, I’ll give you a pictorial tutorial how I created it.
Start with a piece of card stock measuring 2 1/2 x 5. (Yes, a blue paper pattern resting on a well used Stampin’ pierce mat!)
Score on the short side 1/2, 2. Rotate and score along the long side at 2, 3 1/4, 3 3/4.
Note : I also scored at 2″ to the 1/2 score mark so I’d know where to cut away. In my pictures it’s already removed.
I made little notches where the creases intersect.
My grass was already cut. I adhered it to the portion of the box using Tombow Liquid Glue, facing out. You can use your favorite strong adhesive though.
At this point, create a basic box. Glueing grass flaps to the back. They do fold easily!
I decorated them after they were finished.
Please let me know what think if you recreate this little holder. I’d love to hear from you!
- Stamp Set – none, can you believe it?
- Framelits – Basket Builder
- Card Stock – Peekaboo Peach, Pink Pirouette, Wisteria Wonder, So Saffron, Pool Party, Cucumber Crush
- Other – Silver Glimmer Paper, Tombow Liquid Glue
The Create with Connie and Mary April Mini Session will soon be open! Our mini sessions include the instructions for 14 projects with full step-by-step tutorials:
- Each mini session includes TWELVE unique cards featuring three stamp sets.
- Each mini session includes TWO 3D items perfect projects for your club, classes, stamp camps or gifts.
- All 14 project tutorials are available once the mini session opens so you immediately have all project tutorials right there at your fingertips.
- All designs and tutorials are EXCLUSIVELY for subscribers and will not be posted anywhere else online.
- The FABULOUS design team designs the projects – Connie Babbert, Mary Brown, Debbie Henderson, Libby Fens, and Melissa Davies! They always have such GREAT ideas that are perfect and easy to recreate!
- Mini sessions are available the 11th of each month (and you’ll have access for up to a year)
- And, if you are a Demo….this is a tax deduction for your Stampin’ Up! business? But…you don’t need to be a demo to enjoy this mini-subscriptions!
So…NOW is a great to subscribe to have all these wonderful ideas right at your fingertips! Head over to Create with Connie and Mary and subscribe today!
Leave a Reply