Our theme this month is techniques.
Perfect timing as I just received my Blending Brushes from Stampin’ Up!
Well, what did I create with them?
A beautiful set of cards using the same technique (makes for great practice) using the new 2021-2023 In Colors.
Well, how did I do it?
I started with the Butterfly Brilliance stamp set and the Stamparatus. I stamped the butterflies in each color first. I had saved the outer part from die cutting butterflies from another project. I used it like a stencil or mask. I taped the butterfly stencil/mask over the stamped butterflies.
I tapped the Blending Brush in the same color ink and began touch the paper in a tapping swirling motion.
I kept doing this until the butterflies looked subtly colored.
When I was done, I carefully removed my butterfly stencil/mask.
After all those were stamped and shadowed, I added a detailed butterfly die cut from the 2021-2023 In Color Shimmer Vellum^.
I stamped sentiments from the Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set and backed each piece with a scalloped vellum die cut from the Scallop Contours Dies^.
Look at each color up close –
Such a beautiful set of cards! I can not wait to send these out!
- Stamp Set – Butterfly Brilliance, Queen Anne’s Lace
- Dies / Embossing – Brilliant Wings Dies, Scallop Contours Dies^
- Bundle – Butterfly Brilliance
- Card Stock – Pink, Pale Papaya, Fresh Freesia, basic White, 2021-2023 In Color Shimmer Vellum^
- Ink – Polished Pink, Pale Papaya, Fresh Freesia
- Other – Stamparatus, Blending Brushes