Welcome to another Fun Fold Friday!
I am featuring a Double Gate Fold card today, actually a couple of them, lol! Once I started, I could not stop making them!
I used the Berry Delightful Designer Series Paper for these –
This paper is from Sale-a-bration, the Berry Blessing Bundle –
But, I used a different stamp set, Happy Thoughts –
These sentiments are just THE best for any occasion.
I used the Tasteful Labels Dies for the sentiments. While still in the metal die, I flipped it over and ran my score stylus all around the edge to give the added line and height border. I did this on both.
The purple card, I traced the die and carefully fussy cut to have a border.
Just two different ways to use dies!
I couldn’t decide what type of closure I wanted to have.
This one has a belly band that slides off.
The other card I used a velcro closure –
It doesn’t keep the card as closed, but it’ll either be in an envelope or out and standing up.
Both are nice!
So, how did I create these? This is not a new fold, but here are my directions –
You’ll need a 5 1/2″ x 12″ sheet of pattern paper. I KNOW you have a ton of this. What crafter does not????
- score the 5 1/2″ x 12″ pattern paper at 2″, 4″, 8″, 10″
- on both the short sides, mark 2 3/4″ (is it exactly the halfway point in 5 1/2″)
- on the left, from the 2 3/4″ mark to the 4″ score line, make a diagonal cut up
- on the right side at the 8″ score line, to the 2 3/4″ mark, make another, opposite diagonal cut. (It will look like a house with a flat roof in the center)
- on each side, one at a time, fold in towards the center the center most score lines, the fold back the other score line
- open card up
- the 2 diagonal triangles, flip and adhere to each of the ends
- add a center panel to write on
- add a sentiment of belly band to the outside
Please let me know if you have any questions or need any of these products!
- Stamp Set – Happy Thoughts
- Dies / Embossing – Tasteful Labels Dies
- Bundle – Berry Blessings
- Card Stock – Soft Sea Foam, Basic White, Rich Razzleberry, Purple Posy
- Ink – Pacific Point, Rich Razzleberry
- DSP – Berry Delightful