Welcome to our Create with Connie and Mary Saturday blog hop!
Our theme this week features a Christmas Treat or Favor.
I have an adorable sliding treat –
When you slid the ribbon up, it contains one of those brownies / cake mix you put in a mug and microwave!
And, you can see the added wooden spoon! Isn’t this just too cute??
Easy too! Directions –
- Real Red card stock, 4 1/4 x 9 1/2 (make 2 at one, 8 1/2 x 9 1/2)
- scored it at 4 1/2 and 9
- used Tear & Tape on the 1/2 narrow strip
- fold over twice on score lines
- fold over 1/2 strip and adhere to middle section creating a sleeve
- decorate front of treat holder as you like
- punch hole in center near the top opening with a 1/4 diameter circle punch to run ribbon through
- cut about 1 1/2 foot of ribbon
- place ribbon through both holes evenly
- open treat holder slightly, insert cake / brownie mix on top of ribbon, push down and tie bow
- insert spoon
Aren’t these just the cutest? I whipped up several in no time!
This Cup of Christmas bundle is the PERFECT set for this treat holder. It is like it was made for it or something!
(Please note : I found the brownie / cake mix at my local grocery store. Spoons came from here.)
- Stamp Set – Cup of Christmas
- Dies / Embossing – Cup of Cheer Dies
- Bundle – Cup of Christmas
- Card Stock – Real Red, Very Vanilla
- Ink – Real Red, Garden Green,
- DSP – Toile Tidings (gingham strips), Come to Gather (behind cups)
- Punches – 2″ Circle
- Other – Tear & Tape, retired Very Vanilla Ribbon