Welcome to our Create with Connie and Mary Saturday blog hop!
Our theme this week features our favorite Subtles color.
Well…..I have several. First off, Soft Sea Foam –
It’s a wonderful neutral color to me, although it’s in the Subtles family. I use for card bases quite often.
And, I really like Highland Heather and So Saffron is always a classic!
I loved combining all these to create a simple, yet elegant Easter card using the Florentine Thinlits in an unexpected way, a cross!
The hardest part about this card was stamping the letters to create my sentiment. And then realizing that I would have to fussy cut the whole banner although there are coordinating framelits!
- Soft Sea Foam base, 4 1/4 x 11, scored at 5 1/2
- Soft Sea Foam layer, 3 3/4 x 5
- emboss layer with Layered Leaves, set aside
- use Florentine Thinlits and cut 2 in Highland Heather (save outer frame) and the other on So Saffron (save interior pieces)
- cut ‘cross’ according to diagram
- flip over, add So Saffron pieces inside (upside down from cutting) cross & secure, I used tape
- set cross aside
- stamp sentiment banner in Soft Sea Foam
- stamp letters using the Make a Difference alphabet in Gray Granite
- framelit cut or hand cut depending on your phrase, here, I hand cut as my letters hung down a bit below the cutting line
- adhere embossed Soft Sea Foam layer using Dimensionals
- adhere cross in center using Dimensionals
- adhere banner around cross
If you have any questions, please ask! Comments are always appreciated too!
Go forward to check out Debbie Henderson, and back to Mary Brown. They’ll have some great projects using the Subtles colors!
- Stamp Set – Banners For You, Make a Difference
- Framelits – Florentine, Bunch of Banners
- Card Stock – Soft Sea Foam, Highland Heather, So Saffron, Very Vanilla
- Ink – Soft Sea Foam, Gray Granite
- Other – Layered Leaves