Welcome to our Create with Connie and Mary Saturday blog hop!
Our theme this week features our favorite Subtles color.
Well…..I have several. First off, Soft Sea Foam –
It’s a wonderful neutral color to me, although it’s in the Subtles family. I use for card bases quite often.
And, I really like Highland Heather and So Saffron is always a classic!
I loved combining all these to create a simple, yet elegant Easter card using the Florentine Thinlits in an unexpected way, a cross!
The hardest part about this card was stamping the letters to create my sentiment. And then realizing that I would have to fussy cut the whole banner although there are coordinating framelits!
- Soft Sea Foam base, 4 1/4 x 11, scored at 5 1/2
- Soft Sea Foam layer, 3 3/4 x 5
- emboss layer with Layered Leaves, set aside
- use Florentine Thinlits and cut 2 in Highland Heather (save outer frame) and the other on So Saffron (save interior pieces)
- cut ‘cross’ according to diagram
- flip over, add So Saffron pieces inside (upside down from cutting) cross & secure, I used tape
- set cross aside
- stamp sentiment banner in Soft Sea Foam
- stamp letters using the Make a Difference alphabet in Gray Granite
- framelit cut or hand cut depending on your phrase, here, I hand cut as my letters hung down a bit below the cutting line
- adhere embossed Soft Sea Foam layer using Dimensionals
- adhere cross in center using Dimensionals
- adhere banner around cross
If you have any questions, please ask! Comments are always appreciated too!
- Stamp Set – Banners For You, Make a Difference
- Framelits – Florentine, Bunch of Banners
- Card Stock – Soft Sea Foam, Highland Heather, So Saffron, Very Vanilla
- Ink – Soft Sea Foam, Gray Granite
- Other – Layered Leaves