Welcome to our Create with Connie and Mary Saturday blog hop!
Our theme this week features a Valentine Treat Holder!
I had some Godiva chocolate hearts that I needed a ‘holder’ for. Nothing on the interweb, so, I created my own!
I took an 8 1/2 x 10 sheet of card stock to create 5 of these!
- card stock8 1/2 x 10
- score at 4 1/8, 4 3/8
- DSP strip 2 1/2 x 10
- add DSP to card stock
- cut 2 x 8 1/2 strips (actually, slightly less than 2″ so it’ll fit into punch)
- punch each end with Scallop Tag Topper
- framelit cut heart in center of DSP (save hearts for another project)
- fold over treat holder on two score lines
- adhere candy to be seen through window
- tie with ribbon
Aren’t these just adorable?? Quick and easy too! I made a mock pattern before making these. And, I now have a pattern going forward!
Sometimes it’s just easier to design around your candy!
Can’t wait to see everyones Valentine treats! Go forward to check out Debbie Henderson, and back to Mary Brown.
- Stamp Set – Itty Bitty Greetings
- Framelits – Be Mine Stitched
- Card Stock – Powder Pink, Whisper White, Gold Foil
- Ink – Early Espresso
- DSP – All My Love
- Punches – Scallop Tag Topper, Classic Label
- Other – Polka Dot Tulle
This is a very cute project. I especially appreciate the time-saving tip on how to use the entire sheet for multiple treats! Thank you for sharing.
Libby Fens says
Thank you, Karen! I love to share how to make your supplies go further!