As we approach Christmas and the gift giving season, many of us give gift cards as that perfect gift.
So, why not dress up that perfect gift with a handmade gift card holder?
I’ve created 12 different styles of gift card holders to share with you over the next few days.
Let’s start with this adorable reindeer –
Looks like a regular card, doesn’t it? See how he opens –
And, here you see the gift card in the pocket –
- Start with an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of Call Me Clover card stock
- Score at 1 1/2 and 7
- fold up bottom, secure with Tear & Tape
- fold down top
- Festive Farmhouse DSP 5 1/4 x 4, cut at 1 1/4 for the bottom
- Festive Farmhouse DSP strip id 1 x 4 1/4
- punch starburst out of Call Me Clover
- punch 2″ Circle from Whisper White, stamp sentiment / squiggles
- stamp reindeer on Crumb Cake, punch using Cookie Cutter Builder Punch
- adhere pom-pom nose to reindeer
- assemble parts
- I used a tiny clear hook & loop dot to keep card closed
- Stamp Set – Cookie Cutter Christmas, Nothing Sweeter
- Card Stock – Call Me Clover, Whisper White, Crumb Cake
- Ink – Call Me Clover, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso
- DSP – Festive Farmhouse
- Punches – Starburst, 2″ Circle, Cookie Cutter Builder
- Other – retired Real Red Pom Pom Trim
This was an actual card I designed for another purpose. I thought it too cute not to modify it and share it with you! Please feel free to leave me a comment on this project and others! I love to hear from you!