I designed a card for You and Create with Connie and Mary and our newest Thursday challenge –
Of course, a wonderful layout!
And, another card using the butterfly from the Beautiful Day stamp set!
Isn’t this just lovely???
On my card for today, I embossed the butterfly using (retired) black embossing powder and colored the butterfly in a cool way.
Stampin’ Up pads are unique in that if you squish them while closed, ink will be left on the top of the case. By taking an Aqua Painter and dipping it in the ink, you’ll pick it up and you can color with it! I colored the butterfly in the same colors I had used previously, Tempting Turquoise, Lemon Lime Twist, Berry Burst & Fresh Fig.
It created a similar, stunning look – but with a watercolor effect. I layered that beauty on the free Sale-a-Bration Tutti-Frutti Card & Envelopes. I also added an embossed layer too. The YOU thinlits are also Sale-a-Bration item too! So much good stuff this year!!
- Stamp Set – Beautiful Day
- Framelits – Celebrate You
- Card Stock – Whisper White, Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise
- Ink – Versamark, Tempting Turquoise, Lemon Lime Twist, Berry Burst, Fresh Fig
- Other – Tutti-Frutti Card & Envelopes, Petal Pair EF, Aqua Painter