You read it correctly, *12 Weeks ’til Christmas* It is upon us, just 12 weeks until Christmas, really. Check the calendar.
Ok, now that you are back and realize that we better get busy, here is my first project of the series –
It is a *Christmas Countdown* gum holder! 12 pieces of gum each week, until, you know when. Or, if you are one of those who can not stretch a pack of gum for that long, make it and save it for the 12 *days* of Christmas.
It was very easy to create. I created my own pattern as you can see –
I recommend you doing that as well. Later, when you come back to make another one just like it, you will know exactly how – because you made yourself a pattern!
Supplies Cardstock – Real Red, Very Vanilla. Stampin’ Write markers – Old Olive, Basic Black. Real Red 5/8 Grosgrain Ribbon. Small Oval, Itty Bitty Shapes Circle, Word Window & Decorative Label Punches. Calendar Numbers, Christmas Greetings & retired It’s Your Birthday stamp sets. Scraps of Designer Series Paper. Retired Merry Moments used here. Tombow. Velcro dots.
- 1 sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 card stock will make 2 of these.
- Start with 4 1/4 x 11 CS.
- Parallel to the 11 inch side, score at 3/8, 3/4, 3 1/2, 3 7/8.
- Parallel to the 4 1/4 side, score at 3 5/8, 4, 8, 8 3/8.
- Remove the 3/4 area from each side as indicated on picture. It will look like a *T* after cuts.
- On the back side, apply Sticky Strip to outside 3/8 on both sides.
- On Sticky Strip end, punch between with the Decorative Label Punch.
- Fold up Sticky Strip and in towards center for trial fit.
- Repeat on 3 adjacent sides.
- Remove Sticky Strip.
- Attach to create a *pocket*.
- Fold the top down.
- Stamp numbers 1 through 12 on DSP.
- Punch out numbers with Itty Bitty Shapes Circle Punch.
- Adhere to front of gum with Tombow.
- Marker Christmas greeting in Old Olive. Small Oval punch.
- Marker the word *COUNTING* from It’s Your Birthday in Basic Black. Word Window punch.
- Decorative Label punch Real Red.
- Loop 1 1/2 inch GG ribbon. Staple to attach.
- Cover with 1/2 velcro dot.
- Cover DSP is 3 x 2 3/4.
- Cover & inside strip is 3 x 3/4.
- Tie Real Red ribbon around cover!
That should cover it! It is really cute in person!
Hope you enjoyed *my* gum countdown!